My Blog List

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oops!

I say this because I almost burned down the house.  What happened was I put two eggs in a pot of water so that I could have boiled eggs with my dinner salad.  I turned on the burner and thought that I had turned on the front burner.  10 minutes and a smoke alarm later, I found out that I had turned on the back burner.  On the back burner was a pan.  Needless to say, I turned off the gas, put water in the overheated pan, and opened all the windows and doors to let out the smoke.


Then, I turned on the front burner, but I didn't notice that the pilot light did not ignite the gas.  As I was clearing out the smoke, I kept smelling gas.....yes, the burner had been turned on, but the pilot did not ignite the gas.  Therefore, gas was escaping on the high setting.  I'm glad I didn't attribute the gas smell to the burnt pan.


Now you know why my family wants me to get out of the kitchen......sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment