My Blog List

Monday, May 23, 2011

I Did It!!

What I did was the Weight Watchers Walk It Challenge 5K Run-Walk.  I've been exercising like a fiend for the past 3 months to prepare for today.  At 7:30 am, I left home and met at one of the Challenge sites in our state.  I picked up my shirt and number and paced as I waited for the Challenge to begin.  8:30 came and went.  Then at 8:45, the Walk It Challenge began.  I walked at a steady pace and was just thinking when I remembered that I had put my iPhone and my earphones in my pocket.  So, I got them out, put them on and got some music going.  However, not until I was 29 minutes into the walk did I find the perfect tune that was at the pace I wanted to walk.  Yes, "I'm shipping off to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys was the perfect tune.  It caused me to go into a state that I was passing people as I was walking.  I could've walked for hours at that pace (at least I felt I could).  Finally, I reached the finish line in 49 minutes 29 seconds.  My first 5K complete. 

I then jumped in my car and drove 45 minutes to my Weight Watchers meeting.  I had to weigh-in.  And I found out I was down 2 pounds.  This makes a total of 35 pounds lost since January 9th.  After the meeting, I went to my Zumba class.  I must admit I didn't have the usual amount of energy that I normally do during Zumba.  But I toughed it out.

Now, I'm looking at preparing for the Jimmy Fund Walk.  I hope to raise money for research in helping cure childhood cancer.  This walk is in September, and I must train to walk at least 13 miles.  I'm committed to this cause over many others.  My dad died of complications due to cancer.  If I can make a difference for children, it would be a great way to honor his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment