My Blog List

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Iron Lady!

My youngest and I decided to go to the movies.  We decided to see "The Iron Lady" starring Meryl Streep.  This movie was an intriguing look into the life of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.  I loved how they decided to tell her life story.  Instead of taking us from the beginning of her life to the present, the story is told from the present and jumps around her life.  Because of her failing mental capabilities, she hallucinates and remembers things out of sequence.  I don't know why the critics didn't get that this was told from the mind of someone who is battling dementia and should be done this way.  As much as I didn't like her when she was the leader of Britain, this movie made her human.  Meryl Streep deserves any awards she receives because of this role.




No comments:

Post a Comment