My Blog List

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When Bad Things Happen to Good People

Today, one of the bloggers I follow shared how her car window was smashed and items were stolen from her car.  As I read this, I got sad because she was starting to lose faith in the goodness of people.  Here was a person who has such a positive outlook on life and who is madly in love with her husband and young child.  She has a strong faith in God and is what my family would refer to as "good people".

Then, there is a colleague of my husband who is probably one of the nicest persons I've ever met.  He is not only liked by his fellow teachers, he is LOVED by his students.  He's generous with his time and is a loving husband and father.  Over 2 years ago he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I've been following his ups and downs.  At first his blogs were upbeat and positive.  As time has gone on, they have become less so.  Lately, they've been very scary.  Scary that we almost lost him.  I don't want anything to happen to him.  He's such a good person. 

This prayer is for you Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment