My Blog List

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just One More Wake-Up!!

Yes.  That's what we say when approaching a school vacation week.  Next week is our February vacation week.  It can't come soon enough.  The school is rife with kids getting sick, teachers sick, and if you're not sick, you're exhausted.  Many people think that a teacher's day ends at the end of the school day.  In reality, there are times that my day doesn't end until 2 or 3 in the morning.  And this vacation is being spent correcting papers and filling out a placement form for each of my 8th grade students.  I will also apply some finishing touches to  a couple of lessons that I'll be doing when vacation is over. 

Also during vacation, my daughter is having minor surgery.  So, I'll be teacher, mom, and nurse.  What I do plan to do for me is to get some rest.  My school days are usually sleep deprived.  I do recover during the summer and various days off in the year.  However, during the year I'm sooooo tired. 

Sorry to be a downer.  I know I should be thankful that I have a career that I love, but right now, with the lack of respect that teachers get and the new changes in teacher evaluations, it's getting harder to remain a positive person.

No comments:

Post a Comment